- Note: Make sure your transfer function.m file meets the requirements given in the Custom Networks section of the Neural Networks User's Guide.
How do I add a custom transfer function to the neural network transfer function library in Neural Network Toolbox R2013b?
15 views (last 30 days)
MathWorks Support Team on 18 Oct 2013
You can add your custom transfer function to the Neural Network Transfer Function Block library by using one of the following two methods:
Method A - Graphical Method
1. Type "simulink" at the MATLAB command prompt
2. Double click "Neural Network Toolbox", then right click on "Transfer Function" library and select "Open Transfer Function library".
3. Go to Diagram menu and select "Unlock Library". This will make the library editable.
4. Drag the "Interpretted MATLAB Function" block from "Simulink -> User-Defined Function" in the Simulink Library to this library window.
5. Double click on the "Interpretted MATLAB Function" block, enter the name of your transfer function in the "MATLAB Function" box, then hit OK.
6. Click File/save in the neural/Transfer Function window.
Method B - From the command line
1. Create the following function:
add_block('simulink/User-Defined Functions/Interpreted MATLAB Function',['neural/Transfer' char(13) 'Functions/',fname], 'matlabfcn',fname,'name',fname)
2. Call it with the name of your transfer function.