Modeling a simple beam as a flexible body on Simscape
9 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Goutham Sajja on 11 Feb 2021
Answered: Steve Miller on 29 Nov 2022
- I have modeled the beam as a flexible body.
- I have chosen the appropriate boundary nodes, mapped them into interface frames in the Simscape environment.
- From the model order reduction, I have obtained the various matrices like the Mass, stiffness and damping.
- Depending on the boundary node/interface frame which will be chosen as the reference frame, I have considered the Rigid body modes, by removing the appropriate elements from the matrices.
- Obtained the statespace system comprising the deformation model by deducing A,B,C and D matrices
- I have superimposed the rigid body model and the developed deformation model
- Ran the simulation which gave me the following error
I will also attach the following script file and the simscape model file.
I kindly request you to help me decode the error in the model and oblige.
Thanks and Regards,
Steve Miller on 29 Nov 2022
A file is missing from the content above: PracticeOriginalEgFlexibleModel.STL
The rest of the settings and connections look OK, which leads me to believe your stiffness and mass matrices are causing the problem. I suggest you review that process and look at the eigenvalues of K, M, and K/M to see if the results make sense.
Find more on Bodies in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!