To install Hardware Support Packages and Optional Features on a computer that is offline or behind a Proxy/Firewall, you will need to use the stand-alone downloader on a machine that can connect to MathWorks to obtain the files needed.
The Support Software Downloader for Hardware Support Packages and Optional Features allows you to download Support Packages for releases R2016b and above without having to install MATLAB on another machine.
Note: Select the platform that corresponds to the machine that is connected to the internet.
- Download and run the file from the URL below:
- Login to a MathWorks account when prompted
- Select and Download the Support Software
- Move the files to the target machine
Inside of the files that were moved over, there is a readme text document in the support package that explains the process to start the installation process. Please run through those steps to install your support package. The same readme.txt has been attached to the article.
- This process is for MATLAB R2016b and above. Support packages for MATLAB R2016a and previous releases are no longer available. To use support packages you must use a newer release.
- Support packages that are not created by a MathWorks Team will not be available to install using this method. These other support packages will only be able to be installed via an online method.