This course focuses on modeling systems in several physical domains and combine them into a multidomain system in the Simulink® environment using Simscape™.
- Creating models in various physical domains, such as electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic
- Interpreting Simscape diagrams
- Combining Simulink models and Simscape models
- Modeling energy transfer between different physical domains
- Creating user-defined Simscape components
Day 1 of 1
Introduction to Simscape and the Physical Network Approach
Objective: Become familiar with the Simscape environment by modeling a simple electrical system.
- Introduction to Simscape
- Differences between Simulink and Simscape
- Building and simulating a model in Simscape
- Guidelines for Simscape modeling
Working with Simscape Components
Objective: Interpret Simscape block diagrams and identify the physical variables in Simscape by modeling a mechanical system.
- Describing Simscape component fundamentals
- Using the Simscape Foundation Library
- Setting initial conditions
- Logging physical variables
Connecting Physical Domains
Objective: Connect models from different physical domains to create a single, multidomain model.
- Creating multidomain physical components
- Modeling ideal and nonideal connections between physical domains
- Dividing components into subsystems
- Parameterizing models
Combining Simscape Models and Simulink Models
Objective: Add Simulink blocks to a Simscape model to increase modeling flexibility.
- Connecting physical signals and Simulink signals
- Performing operations on physical signals
- Controlling physical models
- Solving models with Simscape and Simulink blocks
Creating Custom Components with the Simscape Language
Objective: Leverage the Simscape language to create custom physical components in Simscape.
- Simscape language
- Custom component workflow
- Complete custom component example