This course focuses on modeling fluid systems in Simulink® using Simscape Fluids™ (formerly SimHydraulics®).
- Modeling fluid power systems
- Actuating and controlling fluid system models
- Modeling thermal liquid and gas cooling systems
- Exchanging heat between fluid domains
Day 1 of 1
Objective: Use Simscape and Simscape Fluids blocks to model the conversion between mechanical and hydraulic energy.
- Hydraulic modeling in Simscape
- Data logging and visualization
- Hydromechanical components
- Fluid dynamics and properties
Hydraulic Actuation and Control
Objective: Model closed-loop fluid power systems controlled by valves and actuators.
- Valves in Simscape Fluids
- Feedback control with Simulink
- Accumulator control
- Model hierarchy and solvers
Thermal Liquid Systems
Objective: Model a liquid cooling system accounting for thermal and elevation effects.
- Thermal liquid networks
- Thermal networks
- Heat exchangers
- Elevation effects
- Temperature control
Objective: Model a forced-air cooling system with ambient air ventilation.
- Gas networks
- Forced-air cooling
- Noncircular pipe flows
- Ventilation control
- System model integration