Code Verification products from MathWorks® enable developers and quality engineers to detect software bugs and other quality issues in generated or manually written C/C++ code:
Use Polyspace® Code Prover™ to prove the absence of overflow, division by zero, array and pointer access out of bounds, and other critical run-time errors in your code.
Use Polyspace Bug Finder™ to:
Check for compliance with AUTOSAR, CERT® C/C++, MISRA™ C/C++, JSF® AV C++, CWE™, and ISO-17961 coding standards.
Check your code for concurrency issues, security vulnerabilities, programming errors, and other software bugs.
After you review analysis results, generate customizable reports to record your software quality at different phases of the software development cycle and measure them against predefined objectives.
You can run Polyspace products at various stages of the development cycle:
Before code submission:
Run single-file analyses in your preferred IDE.
Analyze a full project in the Polyspace desktop interface, or offload the analysis from the desktop to a server machine.
After code submission:
Run a full project analysis on newly committed code as part of a continuous integration (CI/CD) process by using automation servers such as Jenkins.
Upload the server results to a centralized database and review the findings with your team from a web browser.
You can run a Polyspace analysis from a machine that is on premises or on a cloud platform such as Azure® or AWS®.
Products for Code Verification
Fit Polyspace Products to Your Software Development Needs
- Polyspace Products and Software Development Workflows (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Learn about Polyspace products that can be used in a software development life cycle.
- Differences Between Polyspace Bug Finder and Polyspace Code Prover (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Find out how Bug Finder and Code Prover complement each other and determine when to deploy each product in your development workflow.
- Polyspace Products for Desktops and Servers (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Learn about the different Polyspace products.
Check for Compliance with Coding Standards and Guidelines
- Check for and Review Coding Standard Violations (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Check for violations of AUTOSAR C++14, CERT C, CERT C++, CWE, MISRA C™, MISRA C++, JSF AV C++, or ISO-17961 standards with Polyspace Bug Finder.
- Polyspace Support for Coding Standards (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Check the Polyspace support for different coding standards.
- Evaluate Polyspace Code Prover Results Against Software Quality Objectives (Polyspace Code Prover)
Enforce quality thresholds for code submission using Software Quality Objectives.
Integrate with Software Development Workflows
- Check Code Quality in IDE Before Submitting (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Run a single file analysis and review results in Visual Studio®, Visual Studio Code, or Eclipse™ using Polyspace as You Code extensions.
- Sample Scripts for Polyspace Analysis with Jenkins (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Get a head start on scripting Polyspace runs with sample scripts for the Jenkins plugin.
- Create Bug Tracking Tool Tickets from the Polyspace Access Web Interface (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Track findings with Jira software or Redmine from the Polyspace Access™ interface.
- Install Products for Submitting Polyspace Analysis from Desktops to Servers Hosted on AWS (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Offload a Polyspace analysis from a client machine to Polyspace Server installed on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Install Products for Submitting Polyspace Analysis from Desktops to Servers Hosted on Azure (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Offload a Polyspace analysis from a client machine to Polyspace Server installed on Azure cloud infrastructure.
Analyze Code Generated from MATLAB Code or Simulink Model
- Run Polyspace Analysis on Code Generated with Embedded Coder (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Check code generated with Embedded Coder® for bugs, run-time errors or coding rule violations.
- Run Polyspace on Code Generated by Using Previous Releases of Simulink (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Analyze C/C++ code generated by using previous releases of Simulink® with newer releases of Polyspace.
- Run Polyspace Analysis on Generated Code by Using Packaged Options Files (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Generate Polyspace options files from a Simulink model, and use these options files to analyze generated code by using Polyspace.
- Run Polyspace Analysis on Custom Code in Simulink Models (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Analyze manually written C/C++ code to detect issues that might introduce run-time errors or bugs in the simulation.
- Run Polyspace on C/C++ Code Generated from MATLAB Code (Polyspace Bug Finder)
Run Polyspace on generated code and check for run-time errors.
Create Artifacts for Tools Qualification and Certification
- Tool Certification (IEC Certification Kit)
Use Model-Based Design and MathWorks tools to meet ISO 26262, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, EN 50128, EN 50657, ISO 25119, and IEC 61511 objectives
- Overview of the Artifacts in the IEC Certification Kit (IEC Certification Kit)
The IEC Certification Kit includes certification and qualification evidence, templates, test cases, and test procedures.
- Tool Qualification (DO Qualification Kit)
Qualify MathWorks verification tools for projects involving the DO-178C standard and related standards
- Overview of the Components in the DO Qualification Kit (DO Qualification Kit)
The DO Qualification Kit includes support artifacts, test cases, and test procedures.