The 2017 PhysioNet/CinC Challenge encourages the development of algorithms to classify, from a single short ECG lead recording (between 30 s and 60 s in length), whether the recording shows normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation (AF), an alternative rhythm, or is too noisy to be classified.
There are various types of cardiac arrhythmias that may be classified by the following:
- Origin: atrial arrhythmia, junctional arrhythmia, or ventricular arrhythmia.
- Rate: tachycardia (> 100 beats per minute (bpm) in adults) or bradycardia (< 60 bpm in adults).
- Mechanism: automaticity, re-entry, triggered.
- AV Conduction: normal, delayed, blocked.
- Duration: non-sustained (less than 30 s) or sustained (30 s or longer).
MathWorks provides complimentary software for this competition. If your team is participating in this competition and would like to request software contact us.
Training for Your Team
Learn MATLAB in Two Hours
Learn MATLAB basics in the free, interactive MATLAB Onramp course.
Webinars and Videos
Connect with Us
The Winner’s Circle
See how students are winning competitions worldwide with MATLAB and Simulink