MATLAB R2022b Native Apple Silicon Platform Open Beta
The MATLAB® R2022b native Apple® silicon platform open beta is an early build of MATLAB for Apple silicon Mac® users to evaluate the execution of existing code and apps, and to test third-party integrations and add-ons. This beta will be available until June 30, 2023.
The following products are included with the MATLAB R2022b Native Apple Silicon Platform Open Beta:
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Communications Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Deep Learning Toolbox
- 5G Toolbox
- LTE Toolbox
- MATLAB Compiler
- MATLAB Compiler SDK
The MATLAB R2022b native Apple silicon platform open beta has the following limitations:
- Native Apple silicon MATLAB performance is still under development and this open beta is not representative of how a production release of MATLAB will perform on Apple silicon.
- The documentation included with the native Apple silicon platform open beta is incomplete.
- The add-ons explorer is not available. Add-ons can still be installed manually.
- Support packages are not available.
- The open beta requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). You must install a JRE on your Mac to run the open beta.
Obtain a JRE
To use the MATLAB R2022b native Apple silicon platform open beta, you must install a Java 8 JRE on your Mac. This JRE must run natively on Apple silicon.
Amazon makes a suitable Java 8 JRE available as part of Amazon Corretto 8: Download Amazon Corretto 8. Select the .pkg installer for platform "macOS aarch64" when downloading Amazon Corretto 8.
If you installed Azul® Zulu OpenJDK 8 for a previous beta, Azul Zulu OpenJDK 8 is also suitable for use with the R2022b Platform Open Beta.
- Enter your email address
- Sign in or create a MathWorks Account
- Provide additional information
- Submit form