To install new toolboxes, rerun the MATLAB installer to add any additional products not currently included in your installation..
To download the MATLAB installer, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the MathWorks downloads page: https://www.mathworks.com/downloads/
- Click on the blue button for the latest release or on the link beneath for any other release.
- Log in to your MathWorks Account if you are not already logged in.
- If you clicked on the link to download any other release, a list with older available releases will be displayed on the right. Click on the desired release.
- Select the operating system that you are using.
- The download will begin after you select your operating system.
Before running the MATLAB installer to install an additional toolbox, please keep in mind:
- Toolboxes must match the release of MATLAB they are installed into, e.g. you cannot install a toolbox for MATLAB R2014b into MATLAB R2015a.
- MATLAB must be closed in order to run the installer.
- The MATLAB installer will install new toolboxes in the default MATLAB installation folder. If you installed MATLAB somewhere other than the default folder, you will need to select the folder where MATLAB is installed when prompted for the MATLAB installation location.
- During installation, you may be prompted to overwrite any existing products. If prompted, opt to skip installation of any existing products.
- After installation, the activation process will begin. You need to activate your products in order to use them.
- If you are using a network license, the network license manager may need to be be updated as well. See the following article for more information: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/105860.
- If the computer is not connected to the internet and you are using a File Installation Key to install the toolboxes, you will need to obtain an updated File Installation Key. See the following article for more information: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/102845.
To install a newly purchased toolbox using the MATLAB Add-On Manager
- Click on the drop-down menu under "Help"
- Go to "Licensing"
- Click on "Update Current Licenses..."
Once you have done this, your new toolbox should be available to install from the Add-On Manager.