- As a polynomial character vector as ‘z^16 + z^15 + z^2 + 1’ as you specified.
- As a binary row vector containing the coefficients in descending order of powers.For example, for a polynomial x3 + x2 + 1 is represents as [1 1 0 1]
- As an integer row vector containing the powers of nonzero terms in the polynomial, in descending order. For example, [3 2 0] represents the polynomial x3 + x2 + 1
Communication Toolbox General CRC Generator
12 views (last 30 days)
I would like to use the General CRC Generator block to generate a CRC16 ANSI.
- It appears that the block is expecting binary input for the message but I am working with messages assembled from uint8 (1 byte). I did not think that binary is a data type in Simulink. How would I manage this?
- How do I set the block for CRC16 ANSI? Anything else other than specifying the polynomial: ?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Ajay Pattassery on 5 Aug 2019
Since your data is an array of integers and the General CRC Generator block expects binary, you could use an integer to bit converter block. You can refer to the following link: Integer to bit
You can set the generator polynomial parameter field to CRC 16 by any of these following ways.
For detailed information refer https://www.mathworks.com/help/comm/ref/generalcrcgenerator.html