How to get this kind of plot
1 view (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Commented: Edward on 18 Nov 2013
I have 3d discrete dataset where for every independent variable x and y there is a frequency value z.
I want to plot it like the chart below:
How do i do this?
per isakson on 16 Nov 2013
Edited: per isakson on 17 Nov 2013
It requires a bit of code to make this plot.
- select a suitable colormap (You might have to define your own. See colormapeditor.) Let ix=1 be white.
- map the frequences to the colormap-indicies, e.g [1:64] (should have been [2:64]). Assign 1 to missing values or whatever white means.
- use image - not imagesc
- fix the axes ticklabels
- select the colormap of your choice and add an extra row for the "missing-value-color"
- map frequency to the "colormap" and missing-value to the "extra row".
- the colorbar ticklabels will require some extra work
I use the approach described above. Pro: I get full control of the colors and the resulting code is fast. Con: requires some coding and testing.
pcolor might offer a simpler way. Try
x = [1:8];
y = [1:8];
z = x' * y ;
z(4:5,7) = nan;
pcolor( x, y, z )
Note, this gives a plot with 7x7 squares.
More Answers (0)
Find more on Red in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!