This course focuses on modeling mechanical systems for automotive applications in the Simulink® environment using Simscape Driveline™ (formerly SimDriveline™).
- Modeling vehicle bodies and tires
- Designing and optimizing braking systems
- Designing mechanical power transmission mechanism
- Creating multidomain automotive models with closed-loop controllers
Day 1 of 1
Introduction to Vehicle Modeling
Objective: Create and analyze vehicle body and tire models under various terrain, wind, and friction conditions.
- Vehicle body modeling
- Friction, wind, and terrain effects
- Sensing physical quantities
- Dividing model and measurements
Objective: Model vehicle braking systems with built-in blocks and custom Simscape language components.
- Simscape Driveline brake blocks
- Measuring wheel quantities
- Custom brake model
Objective: Build and test mechanical power transmission systems in Simscape Driveline.
- Actuating models with power sources
- Building driveline mechanisms
- Creating a multispeed transmission
Multidomain Drive and Control
Objective: Connect mechanical automotive models to other physical domains in Simscape and create realistic closed-loop control strategies.
- DC motor drive
- PWM actuation
- Closed-loop speed control