This one-day course demonstrates how to create an interactive user interface for your applications (apps) in MATLAB®. Attendees will learn about user interface controls, such as push buttons, sliders, and menus, and how to use them to create a robust and user-friendly interface for your MATLAB app. No prior experience of programming graphical interfaces is required.
- Laying out apps in the App Designer environment
- Creating callback functions for interactive components
- Creating and updating graphical objects in apps
- Making app components responsive to user behavior
- Creating apps with multiple windows
Day 1 of 1
Using the App Designer Environment
Objective: Use App Designer to create and share an app by laying out components and giving them interactive behavior.
- Working in the App Designer interface
- Adding callbacks to components
- Programming callback functionality
- Sharing apps with others
Creating and Updating Plots
Objective: Create apps with graphical elements that can be modified by user interaction, as well as apps with continuously adjustable components.
- Using plotting functions within apps
- Accessing graphical objects within apps
- Programming components to update the app continuously
- Sharing callbacks between multiple components
- Adding helper and startup functionality
Creating Responsive Components
Objective: Create robust and flexible apps with components that adapt appropriately to user actions.
- Adding and using local application data
- Working with grouped components
- Modifying component properties
Managing Multiple Windows and Apps
Objective: Create apps that use extra dialog windows and helper apps.
- Using standard dialog windows
- Catching errors
- Creating helper apps
- Passing application data between apps