3D Space Coordinate Transformations
This folder contains 3 files (m-functions) :
- t2x.m Transformation Matrix to Generalized Position Vector.
- x2t.m Generalized Position Vector to Transformation Matrix.
- m2m.m Mass/Inertia Tensor transformation with coordinate change.
In the Generalized Position Vector the orientation can be expressed with:
- unit quaternion,
- Euler angles xyz (roll, pitch, and yaw),
- Euler angles zyz (rotation, precession, and mutation),
- unit vector and rotation angle,
- Denavitt-Hartemberg parameters.
Conversion between the above orientation systems can be easily achieved.
The three files work independently on each other, but since they work
on the same objects it is somewhat useful to keep them in the same folder.
For more detailed information see the help texts of the three functions.
Giampiero Campa (2019). 3D Rotations (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/956-3d-rotations), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Errr... whatever the T matrix I enter, in roll-pitch-yaw mode, the roll is ALWAYS equal to pi/2... ?
the version is excellent can be made more user friendly
hey can you do vector / coordinate transformation too? mmm input ax ay az then show 3d of its cartesian plot and cylindrical and spherical.. really need to know how to do it. its a homework for my class. thanks.:)
Well done and easy to use.
I changed the function names to make them more descriptive, but the coding was well-done and the documentation is clear. Thanks, Giampy!
Removed dir structure from zip file
Renamed everything lowercase
Changed the file exchange category