Simulink® Support Package for Raspberry Pi™ Hardware enables you to create and run Simulink models on Raspberry Pi hardware.
The support package includes:
● Library of Simulink blocks for configuring and accessing Raspberry Pi I/O peripherals and communication interfaces.
● Connected I/O to communicate with the IO peripherals on the hardware during Normal mode simulation.
● Monitor and Tune mode of operation which enables you to interactively monitor and tune algorithms developed in Simulink as they run on Raspberry Pi.
● Dedicated MATLAB App - Raspberry Pi Resource Monitor - to manage deployed applications and other hardware peripherals connected to Raspberry Pi.
● Support for industry-standard communication protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, WebSocket, CAN(MCP2515).
● Read and write blocks to communicate with peripherals over Serial, SPI, and I2C protocols
● ALSA based Audio Capture and Audio Playback blocks
● Video Capture and Display blocks that supports USB webcam and the camera board
● Servo and PWM blocks to control a motor connected to Raspberry Pi GPIO pins.
● Publish and subscribe blocks for MQTT client support for machine-to-machine and IoT applications
● ThingSpeak Read and Write blocks for direct integration with ThingSpeak IoT framework
● Log signals from Simulink models to a MAT file within the Raspberry Pi SD card.
Here's an example that demonstrates how to set up the hardware and deploy standalone applications on Raspberry Pi hardware using Simulink:
Simulink Coder™ lets you access the C code generated from Simulink and trace it back to the original model. Embedded Coder® lets you generate optimized code, use code replacement libraries, and perform software-in-the-loop and processor-in-the-loop verification.
This support package is functional for R2014a and beyond.
If you have download or installation problems, please contact Technical Support:
To know more about the supported Raspberry Pi boards and other features, visit:
If you have specific questions, please refer to MATLAB Answers, where you can get help from both qualified specialists and the community:
● For MATLAB R2016b and earlier versions, this support package is currently unable to download third-party software. For details and workaround, see this Bug Report https://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/1741173.
● MATLAB R2017a and later versions are unaffected.
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Simulink > Simulink Supported Hardware >
- Signal Processing > Signal Processing Toolbox > Signal Generation and Preprocessing >
- Test & Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Hardware Discovery and Setup >
- Wireless Communications > Communications Toolbox > Supported Hardware – Software-Defined Radio >
- Code Generation > Embedded Coder > Deployment, Integration, and Supported Hardware > Embedded Coder Supported Hardware >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!