These functions implements the basic snake segmentation contour, as introduced by Kass et al.
A snake is an active (moving) contour, in which the points are attracted by edges and other image boundaries. To keep the contour smooth, a membrane and thin plate energy is used as contour regularization.
All code is well commented, and is probably easy readable. It includes,
- A balloon force, which is not in the original paper
- Binary image segmentation result,
- The "Gradient Vector Flow" (GVF) method.
- 3D implementation, including parameter to keep the mesh from self-intersecting
Try the example in the help of function Snake.m !
- Michael Kass, Andrew Witkin and Demetri TerzoPoulos "Snakes Active Contour Models", 1987
- Jim Invins and John Porril, "Everything you always wanted to know about snakes (but were afraid to ask)
- Chenyang Xu and Jerry L. Prince, "Gradient Vector Flow: A New external force for Snakes
- Christoph Lurig, Leif Kobbelt, Thomas Ertl, "Hierachical solutions for the Deformable Surface Problem in Visualization"
Please report bugs, successes and other comments
Dirk-Jan Kroon (2021). Snake : Active Contour (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/28149-snake-active-contour), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!