- replace entire image with a constant value
- measure variation in constant image and see that it is 0 everywhere
- an image with no variation is perfectly smooth
- new (constant ) image is smoother (i.e. better) than the original
- no other non-constant image could possibly be smoother (i.e. better)
- conclude that the constant image is the best possible version of the original image .
Comparison between two images
5 views (last 30 days)
I have an image that includes artifacts that i have removed through different processes.
I want to show that the final image is better in quality than the original with a quantitative way (not just visually).
I know there are some metrics that are used to show that two images might be different, for example cross correlation
but such calculation will only show that the two images are different. The goal is to show that the new image is smoother (i.e. better) than the previous one.
Is anyone familiar with such metric?
Walter Roberson on 8 Dec 2018