- Right-click the file
- select 'open with'
- browse to matlab and check 'the always use this app to open .mat files'
- click ok
File.mat Changed to Microsoft Access Table
121 views (last 30 days)
Omar on 23 May 2018
Hi Everyone, I have something weird happened to my output data files. These files used to be in .mat format, but all the sudden these files changed to Microsoft Access Table. However, when I run these files in Matlab, they do run. Is there any idea what the reason behind that happening?
Rishabh Ramesh Rathore on 23 May 2018
Its just Windows misinterpreting the extensions. You should stil be able to excess those files from Matlab prompt.
You can even try the following:
More Answers (1)
neurosock hardcore BCIs on 20 May 2021
As @Image Analyst wrote this option is not there in Windows 10. To solve the issue (May 2021) I followed partially this instruction: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_powerpoint-mso_win10-mso_2016/how-to-dis-associate-a-default-file-extension-in/bfc5e996-28be-4bd9-98f8-465022d79b5f
In more detail:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Default Programs.
- Click on Set your default programs.
- At the botom click Choose default apps by file type
- Search .mat in the long list
- Change the association from Access to MATLAB by clicking on the icon to the right