Senior Application Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in modelling, simulation, and programming to accelerate the pace of engineering development and innovation through Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink. Working with ANZ customers across a range of industries and applications, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales, and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application, and evolution of MathWorks technology.
Travel can be expected around 25% generally throughout ANZ.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools for analysis and simulation, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools, and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- Collaborating with sales teams to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong first degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in developing and using simulation models of electrical, mechanical and/or fluid systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects concurrently
- Experience with Simulink and Simscape or similar tools
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Designing, implementing, and/or working with control systems
- Programming in MATLAB, Python and/or C/C++
- Scoping and leading technical projects
- Experience working on Utilities, Energy, Defence, and Mining projects
Experience with other engineering tools such as PSCAD, PSS/E, Power Factory, ADAMS, AMESim, Modelica, CarSim, or SPICE
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.