Senior Application Engineer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the technical aspects of MathWorks sales process, directed primarily at customers whose business involves the development of products to be used in Signal Processing and Communications related applications.
The Application Engineer’s primary role is to present relevant capabilities of MathWorks products to customers while directing them towards using these products to accelerate their pace of development. The Application Engineer will meet customers in different engineering disciplines and hence, is required to have a broad knowledge in the field of Video & Image processing, Computer Vison，Embedded System, FPGA Design and Digital Signal Processors (Not need ALL knowledge) including wide industry awareness and proficiency in both communications and presentational skills.
The Applications Engineer (AE) will spend most of their time focused on applying Simulink and MATLAB capabilities to the development of signal processing applications (Video & Image Processing, Embedded System, Digital Signal Processing, etc.) in various industries (Communications, Electronics, Semiconductor, Automotive, etc.) and will be responsible for demonstrating their knowledge during sales meetings, conference calls, public seminars, and in the development of complex product demonstrations.
MathWorks software products allow signal processing engineers to manage the research, design and testing of systems at a high level, allowing the rapid development of innovative products.
- Providing technical pre-sales support and guidance to MathWorks China Sales organization. Working as a team, the Applications Engineer assists the salesperson first, in understanding and synthesizing customer requirements, then explaining the features and capabilities of our products and related third party products (Xilinx, Texas Instruments, etc.) relative to their specific needs.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations to customers and prospects. These are delivered during customer meetings and during marketing seminars where large audiences exist. These 'product-centric' sessions include, but are not limited to live MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow software demonstrations and associated PowerPoint slide presentations. Many seminars include the use of integrated third-party products focused on building embedded systems.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and simulation models. These are generally used as support for a sales call or to make a solution clear relative to an application support assignment. Many times these demonstrations include the use of products that allow for automatic code generation targeted at various embedded systems.
- Analyzing user’s problems to determine and implement the best computational approach. Occasionally, customers who are preparing to acquire software require guidance on how to use evaluation products. This requires assisting customers with the use of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow programs and models to solve specific problems.
Strong preference is placed on knowledge and skills in areas such as embedded systems development and C programming, MATLAB-file programming, Video & Image processing, Digital signal processing, etc.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Knowledge of Image Processing，Computer Vison，Lidar Algorithm development
- Knowledge of MATLAB
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Excellence in presenting & presentation building
- Willingness to learn new tools and skills as required
- Knowledge and experience of C/C++ would be better.
- Knowledge and experience of Embedded Systems
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.