Educational Support Rep (Italian & French Speaking)
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Why you’ll be excited by this role…
It is almost unimaginable to think of a technology that has not been influenced, impacted and in many cases made possible by MathWorks software. Your mobile phone, your social network, your TV streaming service, even your takeaway! MathWorks is the software that is accelerating the pace of engineering and science. And the Engineers and Scientists of tomorrow are already learning to use our tools while at University.
It is an exciting time to join MathWorks as we continue to grow and scale our Shared Sales & Services centre in Galway, Ireland. As an Education Sales Representative, you will manage to closure the assigned new revenue opportunities, as well as focus on driving revenue growth through achieving or exceeding customer engagement standards in our maintenance renewal programs and products. You will be working in a diverse, multicultural team of representatives that are aligned with sales representatives in an EMEA-wide team selling environment to achieve individual and/or team goals.
Do you have a passion or interest in the Education and Third Level sector? For example, maybe you have recently achieved an advanced degree, or you worked or trained in a teaching capacity? Or you have an appreciation for the contribution that higher education makes in a society and its contribution to ongoing economic and employment growth? Or you are interested in the long-term strategic investment MathWorks makes in the educational sector? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you will be doing….
- Develop and close new license sales opportunities from qualified leads and inbound customer inquiries:
- Qualify opportunities to understand customer needs, decision makers, budget and purchase timeframe.
- Communicate the value of MathWorks products and license offerings associated to customer business requirements.
- Manage opportunities through the sales process and prioritize activities aligned with appropriate sales stage.
- Prepare quotations and maintain an accurate monthly and quarterly forecast.
- Collaborate with territory Sales Reps on key account strategies and apply defined escalate process as needed.
- Manage timely closure of the assigned annual maintenance renewal contracts and incorporate lapsed maintenance opportunities into selling strategies:
- Proactively contact customers and explain the product and support benefits of continuing maintenance services.
- Educate customers on purchasing options via web store and consolidations.
- Identify and manage add on or cross sell opportunities by closing business or transferring to appropriate sales representative to achieve the sale cycle.
- Prepare quotations as required and ensure accurate information for efficient processing of orders and investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure accurate customer data and sales activities are collected and entered into the CRM system to advance the sales cycle.
- Respond to inbound sales related inquiries.
- Manage large, complex quotations.
- Demonstrate strong forecasting and funnel management of your assigned territory.
- Contribute to and support the territory plans in conjunction with sales representatives.
- Participate in funnel meetings as well as planning and delivery of sections of the annual territory and account plans.
- Partake on projects with local and international project team members including with our Galway-based Education Customer Success Team.
What you are really good at…
- Selling. Consistent overachievement of sales and productivity goals
- Responsiveness: You have a can-do attitude, are customer centric, display empathy, and are quality focused
- Being strategic, creative and focused: You have the ability to multitask, a strong sense of urgency, are willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; can work self-directed
- Taking care of the details: You are accurate in recording information clearly and concisely. You have highly proficient IT, analytical and social networking skills.
- Communication: You are a great communicator, written and verbal, with a truly collaborative approach.
- A bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience (or equivalent experience) with one year in a customer facing role is required.
- C2 native-level fluency or C1 proficiency in both Italian and French
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Engineering with exposure to MathWorks products is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working with markets in Italy and/or France.
- 2-4 years post university experience, 1-2 years customer facing experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, disciplined, process oriented, sales environment or in a Shared Sales & Service or Global Business Centre is a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of forecasting and funnel management practices.
- Completion of sales and/or phone skills training.
- Proficient working with a CRM system to facilitate lead qualification and advancement of sales cycle.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.