The 5th edition of Modern Digital and Analog Communications Systems presents comprehensive coverage of modern communication system theory and its applications. As engineering students become more aware of the important role that communication systems play in modern society, they are increasingly motivated to learn through experimenting with solid, illustrative examples. To captivate students' attention and stimulate their imaginations, this book places strong emphasis on connecting fundamental concepts of communication theory to students' daily experiences of communication technologies. The text provides relevant information on the operation and features of wireless cellular systems, Wi-Fi access, broadband Internet services, and more.
New to this Edition
- A new focus on the theory and practice of broadly deployed digital communication systems
- A reorganization of analog versus digital communications that emphasizes the digital communication aspects without weakening the fundamentals
- More illustrative examples in Chapters 5, 6, 10, 12, and 13
- New, expanded, and relevant examples of wireless communications
- Strengthened MATLAB exercises in Chapters 2-5 and 9-13 on signal analysis and digital communications
- Updated computer-based experimental practices to enhance interactive learning