Solving Ordinary Differential Equations with MATLAB
These interactive lessons are available only to users with access to Online Training Suite.
Access to MATLAB through your web browser
Engaging video tutorials
Hands-on exercises with automated assessments and feedback
Lessons available in English and Japanese
Select a Lesson to Get Started
Familiarize yourself with ordinary differential equations and the course.
What Is an Ordinary Differential Equation?
Get acquainted with ordinary differential equations and their solutions.
- Course Example: The Shuttle Launch
- Introducing the Differential Equation
- Solutions to Differential Equations
Solving ODEs Numerically
Solve first-order ODEs numerically using the ode45 function.
- Using MATLAB ODE Solvers
- Writing ODE Functions
- Obtaining a General Solution Structure
Solving Systems of ODEs Numerically
Set up and solve systems of first-order ODEs numerically.
- Course Example: The SIR Model
- Implementing a First-Order System of ODEs
- Using ode45 to Solve Systems of ODEs
Solving Higher-Order ODEs Numerically
Set up and solve higher-order ODEs numerically.
- Identifying Higher-Order ODEs
- Writing Higher-Order ODEs as a First-Order System
- Solving Higher-Order ODEs with ode45