Senior Application Engineer - Signal Processing & AI
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you looking to face, and solve engineering challenges in latest application areas such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Signal Processing and AI techniques? MathWorks has an exciting engineering position for you.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for customer’s research and development in Signal Processing and Artificial Intelligence (AI) areas. You will spend most of your time working with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems with cutting-edge technologies.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- The primary role is to support the technical portions of the Sales and Marketing process with respect to MATLAB, Simulink and related toolboxes.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use your knowledge and experience to recommend effective solutions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective research and development by broadening and deepening MathWorks product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success.
- Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Proficient with signal processing and DSP techniques such as spectral analysis, filter design, and signal feature extraction
- Experience with applying machine learning and deep learning models to solve real-world tasks with signal data, such as signal classification, signal processing, and signal prediction or regression
- MATLAB/Simulink experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- Professional experience with C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with Signal Analysis or Feature Extraction is a plus
- Experience with Computer Vision or Sensor Fusion is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.