Sales Account Manager - Higher Education (f/m/d)
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you excited to drive business with Higher Education in Germany? Provide state-of-the-art technology for teaching and research and support teachers and researchers in its use? Navigate the decision-making landscape of a modern university with perseverance, resourcefulness, and flexibility?
Become part of this journey by joining MathWorks as a Sales Account Manager for some of the most prestigious universities in the world. Current and future technologies such as artificial intelligence, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, addressing climate change, and healthcare solutions are taught and developed using MathWorks products and technologies.
More than 6000 universities worldwide use MathWorks products to conduct cutting-edge research and provide world-class education. In this way, they solve the grand challenges facing science, society, and industry today and in the future.
The Sales Account Manager (m/f) supports university organizations in the Midwest region of Germany. Your role is to grow our existing relationships and develop new opportunities. You will ensure the renewal of our existing offerings and grow the business.
You will use advanced sales strategies and tools to position the value and technological impact of our products and services to our customers. You will be part of a dynamic team in an exciting and diverse market, working closely with local and international marketing and technical experts.
- Relationship Builder: Develop and build high level customer relationships within existing accounts as well as finding new contacts through prospecting
- Consultative Seller: Skilled in consultative selling, with a deep understanding of the client’s needs and MathWorks capabilities
- Customer Advocate: Develop and execute account and territory planning, identifying, and prioritizing opportunities and developing client-valued solutions
- CRM Pro: Develop and manage a funnel of activities and document sales actions using a world-leading CRM system
- Team Member: Collaborate closely across technical, marketing and sales teams around the globe
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor in the technical or economic field and sales experience required
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Fluency in German and English
- Selling experience in the research and software market
- Self-driven personality; high energy level
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.