Technical Account Manager - Industrial Automation & Railway
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
As an Account Application Engineer you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to MathWorks’ most strategic customers in the Railway, Energy and Automation industries. Utilizing your technical expertise and by gaining a deep understanding of the customer's workflows, development lifecycle, and business initiatives, your goal is to ensure the customer is receiving maximum benefit from MathWorks solutions.
Your industry knowledge and technical insights will enable you to establish trusting long-term relationships with the customer and provide technical leadership. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on Technical Computing and Model-Based Design workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams to facilitate successful implementation of MathWorks solutions.
This position is located in Grenoble and travel can be expected up to 25-40% generally throughout the Rhône-Alpes area. Significant time will be spent with the customer.
- From engineers to executives, engage with customers to identify and understand their key technical programs and critical business issues
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all complex technical projects
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other subject matter experts to resolve customer issues in specialized application areas
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks solutions address customer needs
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to improve MathWorks products and influence the company’s direction
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing partners at MathWorks in crafting and executing a comprehensive account development plan
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Demonstrated experience in/with MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience within the Railway or Energy & Automation industries
- Direct experience with MathWorks tools deployed in a production workflow
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and affinity to business development
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in French and English
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.