Data Scientist - Technical Computing (f/m/d)
As a customer facing Data Scientist you will work with innovative large companies, and small and medium enterprises across many industries: Industrial Automation, and Machinery, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Technology, and many others. Accelerate this innovation by leveraging your technical expertise and interpersonal skills. Inspire customers to expand technological horizons by giving recommendations on how MathWorks products and services can integrate Data Science with IT infrastructure, scale to run on clusters and cloud whilst improving their software development and business processes.
- Work directly with customers, determine their requirements and recommend MathWorks technologies
- Support the evaluation of MathWorks software, hands-on, at the individual and team levels
- Work together with Sales, Services, Product and Industry Marketing teams
- Identify new Data Science trends and collaborate with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with software development
- Demonstrated experience in/with MATLAB
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- Fluent in English, European framework of reference level C1, Dutch is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in software design and programming e.g. MATLAB, Python, C++
- Knowledge of distributed and cloud computing
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.